Full moon and Little Frieda Ted Hughes
1. A cool small evening shrunk to a dog bark and the clank of
2. And you listening.
3. A spider's web, tense for the dew's touch.
4. A pail lifted, still and brimming -- mirror
5. To tempt a first star to a tremor.
6. Cows are going home in the lane there, looping the hedges with their warm
7. wreaths of breath --
8. A dark river of blood, many boulders,
9. Balancing unspilled milk.
10. 'Moon!' you cry suddenly, 'Moon! Moon!'
11. The moon has stepped back like an artist gazing amazed at a work
That points at him amazed.